Eligibility for Admission
- Admission to M.A / M.Com Degree Programme is made under two Regulations
Graduates who have not studied the cognate subject in the (three years) bachelors’ degree programmes are eligible to seek admission to any Post Graduate degree programme under Regulation- I, provided such candidates shall qualify in the Master Preparatory Programme (M.P.P) Examination in the concerned subject conducted by the University. They shall also pay an additional fee (for M.P.P. course material) of Rs. 1000 along with 1st year M.A / M.Com tuition fee.
A pass in the qualifying examination i.e., (B.A/ B.Com/B.B.M) for admission to M.A/ M.Com is one of the conditions of eligibility in the case of candidates applying under Regulation II. Subjectwise details are given below.
- Candidates who have passed three Year B.A/B.Sc/B.A (Performing Arts) Degree Examination of any recognized University offering English as a Major/Optional subject at the Degree level OR an examination of any University considered equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have passed the Three Years B.A/B.Sc/B.Music Degree Examination offering English as Second Language or as a Minor subject at the Degree level are also eligible, provided they have obtained not less than 50 percent of the maximum marks in the above language/subject.
- Candidates who have passed the Four Year B.A.Ed Degree Examination of the University of Mysore (Regional College Scheme) with English as Major/Optional.
- Candidates who have passed Four Year B.A.Ed or B.Sc.Ed of University of Mysore (Regional College scheme), provided they have obtained not less than 50 percent of marks in Language English. Graduates of any University who have passed Post-Graduate Diploma in English.
Admission is open to:
Candidates who have passed Three Year B.A/B.Sc/B.A (Performing Arts) Degree Examination of any recognized University offering Hindi as a Language Under Group-I or Group-II. Provided they have obtained not less than 50% of marks in language Hindi & 40% in Optional.
Candidates who have passed a degree of any University recognized as equivalent thereto with Hindi as Optional or as Major subject.
Graduates of any recognized University and if the candidate is not studied either Hindi as Language or as Optional then the following examinations will be treated as equivalent to Language and Optional Hindi (But the Candidate must be a Graduate of a recognized University) one of the following Hindi Examinations:-
Rashtrabhasha Praveen or Rashtrabhasha Vishard Examination of the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachara Sabha, Chennai.