Eligibility for Admission
- Admission to B.A / B.Com Degree Programme is made under two Regulations:
Regulation – B.A/B.Com
For candidates seeking admission under this regulation no educational qualification is prescribed. Those who have completed 18 Years of Age on 1st July 2010 (those born on or before 30.06.1992) All eligible candidates will be admitted to First Year of the respective Programme. The duration of Programme is THREE YEARS. This programme is open to candidates seeking admission in any state of India.
- Note:Candidates seeking admission under Regulation I shall also study B.P.P. (Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme) before appearing for the First year B.A/B.Com Examinations conducted by the University. They shall also pay an additional fee (for B.P.P Course Material) of Rs.500.00 along with First year B.A/B.Com Tuition Fee.
A pass in the qualifying examination i.e., (B.A/ B.Com/B.B.M) for admission to M.A/ M.Com is one of the conditions of eligibility in the case of candidates applying under Regulation II. Subjectwise details are given below.
- Candidates who have passed three Year B.A/B.Sc/B.A (Performing Arts) Degree Examination of any recognized University offering English as a Major/Optional subject at the Degree level OR an examination of any University considered equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have passed the Three Years B.A/B.Sc/B.Music Degree Examination offering English as Second Language or as a Minor subject at the Degree level are also eligible, provided they have obtained not less than 50 percent of the maximum marks in the above language/subject.
- Candidates who have passed the Four Year B.A.Ed Degree Examination of the University of Mysore (Regional College Scheme) with English as Major/Optional.
- Candidates who have passed Four Year B.A.Ed or B.Sc.Ed of University of Mysore (Regional College scheme), provided they have obtained not less than 50 percent of marks in Language English. Graduates of any University who have passed Post-Graduate Diploma in English.
Admission is open to:
Candidates who have passed Three Year B.A/B.Sc/B.A (Performing Arts) Degree Examination of any recognized University offering Hindi as a Language Under Group-I or Group-II. Provided they have obtained not less than 50% of marks in language Hindi & 40% in Optional.
Candidates who have passed a degree of any University recognized as equivalent thereto with Hindi as Optional or as Major subject.
Graduates of any recognized University and if the candidate is not studied either Hindi as Language or as Optional then the following examinations will be treated as equivalent to Language and Optional Hindi (But the Candidate must be a Graduate of a recognized University) one of the following Hindi Examinations:-
Rashtrabhasha Praveen or Rashtrabhasha Vishard Examination of the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachara Sabha, Chennai.
[tab title=”First Year”]
[tab title=”Second Year”]